At the top of MiraNila, a heritage house owned by the Benitez family, is a tower that overlooks the city from one of the highest points of the New Manila area. Long before condominiums and townhouses obstructed the view, and before urbanization stripped its hills of verdant pastures, one could see from this vantage point the beginnings of Quezon City and the sunset dancing on the waters of Manila Bay.
The Henry Suites MiraNila QC is a place to discover the country’s historic ties to MiraNila’s 90-year history. In the estate, treasures lovingly kept by the Benitez Family can be appreciated by guests. The property features the MiraNila Heritage House and Museum, Gallery MiraNila by The Blue Leaf, Cafe by Bizu Groupe, and a chapel.
Built in 1929 during the American period at the top of Mariposa Hill (then part of San Juan, Rizal and now of Cubao, Quezon City), the Benitez mansion is witness to the country’s history after surviving the Japanese invasion, and World War II. It is said that the mansion got its name in 1932, as oral history would have it, the name Mira-Nila was conjured when Helena, viewing Manila from the torre—the highest point of the house which remains to this day—saw Ateneo de Manila in Intramuros on fire. Calling her brothers to join her, she called “Mira à Manila! Mira à Manila!” (Look at Manila!) and thus the name “Mira-Nila” stuck after Helena won a family contest to name the house.
THE ARCHITECTURAL DETAILS
The mansion is patterned after the architecture of houses in Florence, Italy. The suites feature some vintage pieces and furniture that came from grandfather’s clinic. (a bit unclear from original copy) Some showstoppers include an antique dresser and unique, whimsical and memorable lighting fixtures. (a bit unclear from original copy)
• Fully airconditioned rooms with select rooms having access to a balcony facing the lush garden
• 42-inch Smart TV
• Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi access
• Minibar with locally sourced snacks & drinks.
• Complimentary bottled water replenished daily.
• All-natural bathroom amenities by Bath Origins.
• French press with fresh coffee grounds by Henry & Sons.
• Tea-making facility
• Hot & cold shower
• Living and Dining areas (select rooms)
• Bathtub (select rooms)
• Iron and ironing board
• A safe for keeping valuables
• Connecting rooms (selected)
• Take a tour and be educated about our rich past at MiraNila Heritage House and Museum.