T&C Crowdfunding for Contributors
Our Heritage Homes is on a mission to build a global community of heritage property owners, lovers and supporters. We represent and promote already restored heritage properties to attract more visibility and bookings. And we guide and support homeowners in restoring and maintaining their properties.
As part of our support services for our heritage homeowner members, we offer the option to crowdsource financial assistance through the Our Heritage Homes platform. In discussion with the heritage homeowner, a campaign objective and target will be set and materials prepared and launched.
Objective of Crowdfunding by Our Heritage Homes
The objective of any crowdfunding campaign is to enable concrete and tangible repairs, additions or transformations of a (or part of a) heritage property.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Regular membership / compliance with heritage property criteria as defined on the Our Heritage Homes website here
- To make each campaign as concrete and motivating as possible for participants, a campaign should enable the full and visible repair, addition, or transformation of a certain part of the property
- The proposed repair, addition or transformation should be in line with principles of good conservation / restoration
- Ideally the campaign would have a direct impact on the revenue potential of the property
Terms & Conditions
Campaign goal: at this stage contributions between USD 500 – 5,000 will be accepted
Fees: 15% to go towards social media marketing of the campaign and bank transfer charges. In addition the homeowner is expected to provide an incentive for contributors worth 15% of the total campaign value.
Duration: typically to a maximum of 2 months
In case the campaign does not achieve its full goal the homeowner and Our Heritage Homes shall jointly discuss and agree on alternative use of the funds raised, and inform all contributors.
Expectations and conditions for the participating Contributors
- To provide financial assistance for a proposed restoration or maintenance intervention by means of a voluntarily set donation amount.
- When a campaign does not achieve its full goal, to make these funds available for lower cost restoration or maintenance interventions to be decided jointly by the homeowner and Our Heritage Homes.
- By making a donation towards the proposed restoration or maintenance works, contributors will automatically agree to these terms and conditions.
Expectations and conditions for Our Heritage Homes
- To ensure quality crowdfunding campaign objectives i.e. quality restoration or maintenance objectives.
- To ensure accurate listings, in accordance with the information provided and agreed by the heritage homeowner.
- To transparently reflect the sum raised on the campaign page and share updates with the owner on a bi-weekly basis.
- In case the campaign goal is not fully met and there are insufficient funds for the proposed repairs, to ensure good alternative usage of the funds raised.
- To transfer the sum – minus fees – to the heritage homeowner as soon as the campaign reaches its targets.
- To make the campaign incentive(s) available to the contributors in a timely and professional manner.